By signing up for an account, you are agreeing to these Terms. CommunityHubsOntario.ca is an internet-based service developed and administered by Kingston, Frontenac and Lennox & Addington Public Health with support from the Government of Ontario. CommunityHubsOntario.ca has been developed to support information sharing across sectors and build local capacity for informed community planning in Ontario. CommunityHubsOntario.ca is operated by Kingston, Frontenac and Lennox & Addington Public Health (“KFL&A” “we,” or “us”); KFL&A has various employees and representatives (“our Team”). As a customer of the Service or a representative of an entity that’s a customer of the Service, you’re a “Member” according to this agreement (or “you”).
- Eligibility. In order to use CommunityHubsOntario.ca, you must complete the registration process; agree to the Terms; and provide true, complete, and up to date contact information. By using CommunityHubsOntario.ca, you represent and warrant that you meet all the requirements listed above, and that you won’t use CommunityHubsOntario.ca in a way that violates any laws or regulations. CommunityHubsOntario.ca may refuse service, close accounts of any users, and change eligibility requirements at any time.
- Term. The Term begins when you sign up for CommunityHubsOntario.ca and continues as long as you use the service. If you sign up for CommunityHubsOntario.ca on behalf of a company or other entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to accept these Terms on their behalf.
- Closing Your Account. You or KFL&A may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason by giving Notice to the other party. We may suspend our Service to you at any time, with or without cause. Once terminated, we may permanently delete your account and all the data associated with it, including your emails from our Website. If you don’t log in to your account for 12 or more months, we may treat your account as “inactive” and permanently delete the account and all the data associated with it.
- Account and Password. You are responsible for keeping your account name and password confidential. You are also responsible for any account that you have access to, whether or not you authorized the use. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your accounts.
- Proprietary Rights Owned by Us. You will respect our proprietary rights in the Website and the software used to provide CommunityHubsOntario.ca (proprietary rights include patents, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, and copyrights).
Rules and Abuse
- General Rules. You promise to follow these rules: (1) You won’t violate our Acceptable Use Policy, which is part of this Agreement, and (2) If you violate any of these rules, then we may suspend or terminate your account.
- Reporting Abuse. If you think anyone is violating any of these Terms, please notify us immediately.
- Disclaimers. We and our Team are not responsible for the behavior of any advertisers, linked websites, or other Members.
This policy explains how we care for the information we collect when you visit Communityhubsontario.ca or its tools.
- Definitions. “KFL&A”, “we,” “us,” or “our” refer to KFL&A, employees and representatives involved in the operation of CommunityHubsOntario.ca services. A “Member,” we are referring to the person or entity that is registered with us to use the Services. When we say “you,” we are referring either to a Member or to some other person who visits CommunityHubsOntario.ca. “Personal Information” means information that can be used to identify you, including, but not limited to, first and last name, email address, occupation or other demographic information.
- Questions & Concerns. If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please send us a message at email@example.com . You may also contact us by postal mail or email at:
Knowledge Management Division
KFL&A Public Health
221 Portsmouth Avenue
- Information We Collect
(b) Information we collect automatically: when you use the Services, we may collect information about your visit, your usage of the services, and your web browsing. That information may include your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, your browsing activity, and other information about how you interacted with our websites or other websites. We may collect this information as a part of log files.
(c) Information from your use of the Service: we may receive information about how and when you use the Services, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the application. This type of information helps us to improve our services and tools.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information. We may use and disclose Personal Information only for the following purposes:
(a) To promote use of our services to you. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send.
(b) To send you informational and promotional information. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email
(d) To communicate with our Members about their account and provide customer support.
(f) To protect the rights and safety of our Members, as well as our own.
(g) To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
(h) To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
(i) To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
(j) To provide, support, and improve the Services we offer. This includes, for example, aggregating information from your use of CommunityHubsOntario.ca to improve our Services.
- Information Sharing with the Government of Ontario
KFL&A will not share Personal Information of a Member with any Ministry or public agency of the Government of Ontario without seeking the consent of the Member first.
- Public Information and Third Party Websites.
(a) Blog. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us here. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
(b) Social media platforms and widgets. CommunityHubsOntario.ca includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our website. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Notice of Breach of Security. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
- Safeguarding Your Information. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. CommunityHubsOntario.ca accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party.
- Accuracy of Data, Transparency, and Choice. We do our best to your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you with our Services. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our Agreements.
C) Acceptable Use Policy
- Prohibited Content. You may not: use CommunityHubsOntario.ca to send anything offensive, to promote anything illegal, or to harass anyone.
- Prohibited Actions. You may not: send contacts Spam, any material that wasn’t created by you, or provided for you to use (or that would violate anyone’s rights); use misleading or incorrect names, addresses, or email addresses, subject lines, or other information; share your password.